Saturday, October 18, 2008

Watermelon

I was hiking through the woods, its autumn. I hear the crunch under my feet as I walk. I look down and I see wild watermelon growing amongst the leaves. There is one that is just perfect. Right color, right size, everything about seems perfect. I bend over to pick it up from the vine but when I reach down my hand goes right through, I pick up the top part of the rind and it is rotten all the way through it. I look around and there are a lot of other melons growing, but none looks good compared to that one.

Crazy dream I had last night, can't get it out of my head. Can't figure it out, gonna chill at the library tomorrow and see what I can find.

1 comment:

Jadon said...

i was expecting a story about some good watermelon, but instead i get a riddle.

the answer is don't eat outdated things. like old people sometimes do.