Sunday, August 23, 2009

The weekend...

Well, once again I feel like retreat would be better spent if we stayed on campus and just rented out a pool and had chapel because that is pretty much the only thing that happens. I do not feel some grand change after retreat, which is fine because I did last year but it took me seven months to actually let God finish it. What sticks out to me is something I thought of while taking a nap on one of the trails.

"We do not seclude ourselves to be alone, we seclude ourselves to be sought out."

How often is it that a person actually goes off alone to be alone? Very rarely do I do this, most of the time I go off in hopes of someone saying "Gee, I wish Patric were here, lets look for him!" Which has hardly been the case.

Chambers thought I should remember I influence everyone. The chances for the greatest influence are those when we do not plan on it.

No comments: